Research tells us that the time spent on doing homework directly affects a
child's achievement. By doing assigned homework, children will increase skills
and do better in school.
Try some of these suggestions to reduce homework headaches.
1. Set a specific time for homework to be done.
2. Make sure there is a quiet place to work that is stocked with everything
3. Eliminate distractions. Concentration is increased when there are no
TV's stereos, phones, pets, or brothers and sisters nearby.
4. Look over your child's work, and find something good to say about it.
5. Require a minimum amount of quiet study time everyday. Read at least
30 minutes everyday.
Have your child help set the time, place, and
amount of study time. Then firmly enforce them. Don't accept excuses or negotiate.
Work will get done and everyone will be pleased.